Actor matthew lewis

Actor matthew lewis, He just turned 25 and it is safe to say that Matthew Lewis has truly come into his own following his breakout role as Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter films.

The actor happily showcased his transformation from chubby-cheeked child star to dashing hunk as he graced the cover of Jon magazine.

Matthew looked every inch the leading man in a new spread for the men’s fashion magazine and many would agree that while this is his first foray into fashion editorial pages, it shouldn’t be his last.

The Yorkshireman is clearly a far cry from the plump schoolboy with the crooked teeth he portrayed and it is understandable that Matthew doesn’t enjoy watching his younger self on screen.

To play Hogwarts' student Neville in the eight films, Matthew had to wear yellow false teeth, shoes two sizes too big and wore prosthetics behind his ears to make them stick out more.

But he did admit he still has some geeky qualities as he told the magazine: ‘I am a massive geek in terms of TV that I watch. Well growing up I was a massive Star Wars fan.

That was just my ultimate thing, I just wanted to be a Jedi, completely. And that flowed into Star Trek and all that kind of stuff.'

He also admitted being a closet musicals fans as he revealed how himself and a friend hid themselves with their hoods in a cinema full of women when he went to watch Meryl Strep in the Mammia Mia film adaption.
Matthew joked: 'And by the time it got to the end, you know where Meryl Streep comes out and asks do you want one more, and we were like, hoods off, yeah we do!'.

Throughout JK Rowling's books and film adaptations, Neville was the subject of ridicule by school villain Draco Malfoy and his cronies.

But as Potter fans will know, Neville ends up turning out to be quite heroic in the final part of the story and ends up surrounded by admirers - catching the attention of Luna Lovegood.
And this has come true in real life as well as the star has a variety of fans sites as well as over 700,000 followers on Twitter.

His fans made sure he felt the love on his birthday last week as he tweeted: ‘Seriously tho, I was half hour late for an appointment this morning because I was reading all your birthday wishes. Thanks so much. Love xx’.

The talented actor has gone on to work in both theatre and on screen following the final Harry Potter film in 2011.
He starred in the BBC One drama, The Syndicate, and has recently been seen in BBC comedy drama, Bluestone 42.

Speaking about his role choices, he said:‘My roles have been very, very different from Neville. But it wasn’t by choice, I never called up my agent and said, right I don’t want to do this anymore, I want to be a rough northerner or I want to be a soldier, I never said that.

‘They were just the roles that happened to come up, that I was drawn to, I liked them and I ended up getting them.’
Bluestone 42 follows the lives of a bomb disposal team in Afghanistan during Operation Herrick and has recently been commissioned for a third series.