Taylor Kitsch True Detective

Taylor Kitsch True Detective, While HBO has yet to confirm the news, Taylor Kitsch (Friday Night Lights, Lone Survivor, The Normal Heart) has gone on record saying that he's in the second season of True Detective.

The actor, who was rumored last July to be one of the actors being considered for a Season 2 role, confirmed his involvement with the series to Adweek.com via head nod and then spoke about taking the last year off so he'd be available.

I’m really excited. I’ve just been prepping. It’s been almost a full year since I’ve been on camera, so I’m itching, man. I’m overdue. You’ve just got to grind it out. Even taking this year off was, I mean you want to work, but you also don’t want to just water it down and work for the sake of working. So, it was tough to sit a year out, keeping a finger crossed that I was going to get True.

Kitch's role is that of Paul Woodrugh - a handsome, 28-year-old military veteran who has seen his own share of violence and destruction.

"I can’t f***ing wait to hit camera" Kitsch added. "I loved that first season of it so much. It’s just unlike anything I’ve seen in, you know, I don’t know when. And it was so grounded. It could really happen. This is very similar, and I love that. It makes it more relatable. It makes these guys more real."

Kitsch is joining Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn, and (possibly) Rachel McAdams, should she or HBO ever decide to confirm her involvement.