Bo Jackson: I'm done trying to help Jameis Winston

Bo Jackson: I'm done trying to help Jameis Winston, BoJackson is done with Jameis Winston. The former Heisman Trophy winner and Hall of Fame running back told "The Jim Rome Show" that he's attempted to talk to Florida State's QB like a father — even before Winston was cited for stealing crab legs from a Publix grocery store near campus — and gave him advice that would "probably singe the hair in your ears."


Apparently, it didn't take.

"I'm the type of person, I will go out of my way to help anybody," Jackson said. "Normally, I don't like giving people advice if I haven't been down that road myself. But if I give you advice on something that I know more about than you by just falling out of bed in the morning, if you can't take that advice and learn from it, then I've got nothing else to do with the situation. You're on your own."

His recent opinion on Winston is different than the one he expressed at Auburn's A-Day game in the spring when asked about Winston as a two-sport athlete.

More power to Jameis. He is a good kid. If he thinks he can do it, then more power to him," said Jackson, who is from the same city in Alabama, Bessemer, as Winston. Winston has said he looked up to Jackson and was inspired to pursue multiple sports because of him.

But since April, the controversy has continued to swirl around FSU's Heisman winner. Besides the aforementioned crab legs, Winston was suspended for the Clemson game for shouting "offensive and vulgar comments" on campus. More recently, ESPN reported that the school is investigating whether Winston was paid for signing autographs. Additionally, FSU has announced that the code of conduct investigation into an allegation that Winston raped a university student in 2012 will be heard by an independent arbiter.

"Jameis Winston needs to make some changes in his life," Jackson said on the show Tuesday. "Because it's affecting him now, and it's definitely going to affect him down the road."