LeAnn Rimes Dean Sheremet

LeAnn Rimes Dean Sheremet, Dean Sheremet is finally opening up about the cheating scandal that ended his marriage to country singer LeAnn Rimes.

The dancer-turned-chef was married to Rimes from 2002-2009 until her infamous affair with Eddie Cibrian while he was still married to "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Brandi Glanville.

"Never in a million years did I think something like that would have happened," Sheremet told Nat's Next Adventure, speaking about when he discovered Rimes' affair with her then-"Northern Lights" costar Cibrian.

Sheremet recalled the moment he realized "everything had changed." The chef had left Canada, where Rimes' movie was filming, to seek treatment in the United States. After he returned, he knew something was up.

There was this bar that everyone hung out at after set and I remember coming down the stairs and seeing the two of them shooting pool together," he said. "I could just tell by the body language that everything had changed. She's shooting pool, shooting tequila, in a tight tank, tight jeans, over the knee boots and she's standing across from him, playing with the pool cue...All of a sudden, there was a huge shift. My stomach dropped. I literally felt like I got hit."

But the cheating wasn't the worst part, he said. "The hardest part... [her] saying 'I don't love you anymore,'" Sheremet revealed. "I would've rather she said, 'I slept with 20 guys.'"Sheremet also made sure to mention that Rimes hasn't had a hit since they divorced. "The dumbest thing she ever did for her career was divorce me, because we were such a good team. The last hit song she had was when she was with me."

The NYC-based chef, who said he wouldn't trust Cibrian farther then he "could throw [a] f***ing table," is now happily married to photographer Sarah Silver.