Jake Locker Retire

Jake Locker Retire, Sometimes, people have just had enough.Tennessee Titans quarterback Jake Locker has decided to retire after four seasons in the NFL. Locker released a statement on Tuesday.

"I am retiring from football after much reflection and discussion with my family. I will always be grateful for having had the opportunity to realize my childhood dream of playing in the NFL and for the lifelong relationships I developed because of that experience," Locker said the statement.

"Football has always played a pivotal role in my life and I love the game, but I no longer have the burning desire necessary to play the game for a living; to continue to do so would be unfair to the next organization with whom I would eventually sign. I realize this decision is surprising to many, but I know in my heart that it is the right decision and I look forward to spending more time with my family and pursuing other interests."

Locker never lived up to expectations after being selected No. 8 overall in the 2011 NFL Draft. He battled injuries throughout his stay in Tennessee, having never played in a full NFL season.

He was named the Titans' starting quarterback to start the 2014 season, but was eventually benched in favor of third-string quarterback Zach Mettenberger. He was eventually placed on injured reserve in December. In 2013, Locker dislocated a hip and missed 12 games.

He walks away from the game with a career completion percentage of 57.5 along with 27 touchdown passes and 22 interceptions.