X Factor: Cheryl FV livid with Mel B over her vote to send Lauren Platt home?

X Factor: Cheryl FV livid with Mel B over her vote to send Lauren Platt home?, During last night’s dramatic X Factor results show, Lauren Platt was in the bottom two alongside Stereo Kicks, and after tense moments while the judges voted on who to save and who to send home, Stereo Kicks left the contest, so Lauren is through to the semi-finals next week.

However, though judges Mel B and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini have become close friends during this year’s series, that friendship was tested when Mel voted to save Stereo Kicks and to therefore send Lauren packing.

When host Dermot O’Leary asked Mel for her vote – immediately after Louis Walsh voted to save his group – she said, “No, don’t come to me, you can’t come to me now…”

But Dermot insisted that he had to press her for an answer, so a flustered Mel voted to eliminate Lauren, and to Cheryl, she said, “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.”However, Cheryl was clearly unimpressed, and having briefly glanced to her right – where of course Mel sits – she said, “Well I find it amazing how the critiques have been a certain way for the past few weeks and then when it comes to this part, it changes.

“That amazes me…”

She was of course referring to the fact that Mel has been gushing in her praise of Lauren week on week in the show, but conversely, she has often criticised Stereo Kicks.

However, when the judges were speaking to Xtra Factor presenter Sarah-Jane Crawford later, Mel defended her decision, saying, “I think Lauren’s great and it killed me to send her home.

“That’s why I was saying ‘don’t come to me, I need to think about it,’ but those eight boys, there’s something special about them.

“There was a reason why we as a team put them together, and there’s a reason why they stayed in each week.

“I had to follow my heart, and even though I’m Cheryl’s girl, and I’m all about the girl power, I had to send Lauren home, I wanted the boys [to stay].”

But of Lauren being in the bottom two, Cheryl said, “I’m absolutely gutted that it happened to her this week, but I’m also really pleased she made it through.”