Amy Adams worked at Hooters


Amy Adams worked at Hooters, Actress Amy Adams recently took a moment to open up to People magazine where she admitted, during an interview, that one of her first jobs was working in a male-oriented bar. The Catch Me If You Can actress admitted that she had taken a job as a waitress at Hooters when she was just 18.

“Everyone would agree, if they could see me, Hooters isn’t necessarily the best way to describe me,” Adams told Parade magazine. “I was a dancer, and I used to run around in a leotard and tights. I really didn’t quite get it.

I was so naïve about that. And I just thought, ‘Well, it’s a leotard and tights and shorts; it’s not a big deal.’ But there is a difference, and I learned it. I was 17, and then when I was 18, I waited (tables) for about a month. I wasn’t cut out to be a waitress, and I certainly wasn’t cut out to be a Hooters waitress. That was a short-lived ambition.”

Adams told a London newspaper that she had taken the job to buy a car. The actress then said that she quit the job after earning $900, just enough to purchase a used Chevy.

Adams appeared opposite of Kirsten Dunst in Drop Dead Gorgeous and later appeared in Disney’s Enchanted.