STARS WITH SCARS

STARS WITH SCARS, Ever wonder how Joaquin, Tina, and Padma and got their trademark scars? Keep clicking to find out.

Padma Lakshmi
The seven-inch scar on “Top Chef” host Padma Lakshmi’s arm was caused by a major car accident when she was just 14. "Being in a car crash was like an exhilarating hallucination, an unbelievable moment that oddly remains one of the most beautiful images in my memory,” Lakshmi told Vogue magazine.

Kate Middleton
Many mistook Kate Middleton’s hairline scar for extensions, a claim that was quickly shot down. “The scar is related to a childhood operation,” a spokesman for the Duchess at St James’s Palace said in a statement.

Kaley Cuoco
“The Big Bang Theory” actress Kaley Cuoco completely crushed the bottom of her leg during a horseback riding incident in October of 2010. "I had a freak accident," Cuoco told Ellen DeGeneres. “It was the end of my lesson. I had been jumping all day... At the end of the lesson my horse spooked and I wasn't really expecting it and I fell off. I was actually getting up but my horse was still kind of spooking. He was in the corner trying to get away from me. He leaped over me and landed on my leg."

Joaquin Phoenix
Many fans believe Joaquin’s noticeable upper lip scar is the result of corrective cleft palate surgery, but that is not the case. The actor was born with the scar, which is medically known as a microform cleft, a mild form of a cleft lip.

Tina Fey
The large, thin scar on Tina Fey’s face came at the hands of a vicious attacker. Fey, who was just five at the time, was playing in her yard when a complete stranger approached her and slashed her face. The comedian did not let it deter her dreams. "I proceeded unaware of it. I was a very confident little kid,” the “30 Rock” star told Vanity Fair. “It's really almost like I'm kind of able to forget about it, until I was on-camera."

Mary J. Blige
Though asked many times, Mary J. Blige has never publicly revealed where the scar under her left eye originated.

Catherine Zeta-Jones
Catherine Zeta-Jones' scar is the result of a life-saving tracheotomy surgery the actress received during infancy. "Makeup artists are always trying to cover it up, but I don't want to hide it," the actress told People. "I wouldn't be here today if I didn't have this scar."

Harrison Ford
Harrison Ford injured and permanently scarred his chin at the age of 20 by slamming his Volvo 544 into a telephone pole in Northern California. The actor has addressed the mark in several movies, including “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade” and “Working Girl.”

Seal
Despite reports otherwise, the scars on musician Seal’s face are the result of a condition called discoid lupus erythematosus, a type of Lupus that only affects the skin above the neck.

Sandra Bullock
Sandra Bullock fell into a lake and cut her head on a rock during her childhood, resulting in the barely-there scar above her left eye.

Sharon Stone
The large scar on Sharon Stone's neck, which she received during a childhood horseback riding accident, is often covered up with makeup and jewelry.

Elizabeth Taylor
Elizabeth Taylor faced two life-threatening bouts with pneumonia in her life, the second of which resulted in an emergency tracheotomy in 1961. The surgery left the actress with a thin, long scar just below her neck.

Al Capone
Al Capone didn’t earn the nickname Scarface for nothing. The mobster was slashed in the face three times after he inadvertently insulted a woman.

Queen Latifah
The two-inch scar that sits just under Queen Latifah’s hairline has been there the majority of her life. The singer tripped during a childhood game of tag and hit her head, resulting in the mark. "I'd never cover it up," she told In Style. "It gives my face character."